Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Worst Blogger Ever

I can not believe that it has been this long since I have posted. I guess I don't have a lot to say. Either that or I am lazy. So I will catch you up. Since my last blog entry I have started a MAT program, gotten married, became an expectant father and quit my job to student teach. This has been the fastest paced year of my life. I regret that time that I have not been able to spend with my friends in the last year. There has been so much going on. I am looking forward to things slowing down somewhat next year. Of course, if things go well I will be starting a new teaching job. That will mean I will be busy. But hopefully not as busy.

My next batch of student teaching will be in a fifth grade classroom. These are kids from a wealthier area than I am used to. I absolutely loved working with the many migrant children at my last assignment. They were great kids and did not have that apathetic-entitled attitude that I have experienced with wealthier children. But, I will be able to do some things that I could not have before. I am going to be doing some research on incorporating wiki and podcasting into literacy. I was talking to some of my friends about this idea and one teacher friend had already done some of this. Here is something that she made as a demo. My wife got me a video camera for Christmas so that was perfect timing. It will be interesting to see what happens. I am not sure if this will be successful or not.

So here I am quietly click, clacking away. My wife is morning sick on the couch. She had a miserable night. I guess the holiday diet did no sit well even though she was not even close to over indulgence. This was the first Christmas I have spent away from my parents. That is a very strange experience. It was also my parents first time in 37 years that none of the kids were there. Kind of sad, but Mom needs rest from her surgery and the resulting Guillain-Barre nerve condition. I was glad to get the video camera so I could send her video of the kids opening her presents.

I will try to be more active on this blog so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your titles seem a bit rough on you. I'll be glad to see more of you, but you do have a plenty busy year or two ahead. Go easy on yourself!